Monday, November 26, 2007

Do YOU ever need a timeout?


or at least a little birth control? Tonight I was going to paint my ceiling and then do some blogging about our thanksgiving activities. Instead... I spent the evening shampooing upstairs since my children are artistically gifted. (They knew they were in trouble-you can't really tell but they have paint all over their legs and bodies.)I usually get the carpets cleaned before I put up the Christmas decorations, but I wasn't planning on it today. Let me just tell you what led up to this "art". I was on the phone planning this weeks YW activity and I heard the water turn on outside so I went to tell them to turn it off, but alas, I was too late. The sprinklers had been on and both of the prodigy's (for lack of a better word) were butt naked, with the exception of Jace's shirt, he couldn't get it off his head because the button was still done up! They were both freezing cold so I told them to go upstairs and get on some underwear and get a blanket. I continued talking on the phone, then I realized I could hear them continually flushing the toilet. I told them to stop and went up to check on the bathroom.


(Mind you, it had only been at the most 10 minutes.) As I neared the crest of the stairs I could see Andrew's old art set open, and everything was everywhere. (The bed of that little truck is supposed to be red, the mixed the balck and white.) Amidst the paint and chalk was the toilet brush and then they decided to clean up and got out my BRAND NEW underwear and cleaned it up.



There was paint on the walls and door casings. Pretty much everywhere it isn't supposed to be.
















I now have the G's of a clown, very clean carpet, and no patience. (Good thing I was on the phone when I made the discovery, if you know what I mean?!)



Needless to say, I put the tornados in thier room and gave myself a timeout, tears and all. Then I started in on the carpet, and life just keeps going.




12 comments:

anna banana said...

All I can say is I am sorry...wow...i am speechless...

Unknown said...

Wow-They weren't kidding when they came up with the phrase "DOUBLE TROUBLE".

Missy said...

Oh my gosh! I would have died, or beat my kids, good thing you were on the phone! I'm dying that they grabbed you new G's. By the way, I have your jewelry, I'll bring it by later today.

Kata said...

oh kim!!!

Jilene said...

isn't it funny that no matter what they do or how mad they are, we have to grab the camera for the blog??? :-)

Jana said...

oh dang.

Nicole said...

wow kim.... the pictures really paint the picture (sorry terrible pun) of what wonderful little artists you have. but you know, i'm so impressed with your patience. seriously, i know you felt like you were gonna lose it, and you might still feel that way. but you're laughing it off- blogging about it. and i'm so impressed with that, not everyone could handle that. not everyone could handle twins.... BOYS no less. hats off to you! you're great!

jamieBEE said...

WOW!!! That was WORTH seeing! Thanks for grabbing the camera for us all to enjoy!

Unknown said...

are you kidding me!! wow Kim, that's some serious patience, almost Papa-like patience. what great little artists. dude, are those your g's in the sink. i almost fell out of my chair when i got to that part.

Kata said...

So-I am glad you got that cleaned up- can we play now? I miss you darling!

Bonnie and John said...

Thanks for posting this. Whenever I think I've had a rough day, I'm just going to open your archive and remember that it could definitely be worse:)

emily said...

#1. i have a blog.
#2. you haven't written in yours in twenty thousand years.
#3. on mine there are pictures of caitlin and her pastel face.\

haha.