Friday, January 30, 2009

What the...?

Sooooo, I'm looking for a little support here, a little understanding, and complete honesty. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE GROSS KIDS! Don't judge me for asking. I know these blogs are for the adorable and cute. Despite my best efforts for a clean home with gleaming white base boards, sparkling tubs, and well behaved children who help accomplish all this, I have fallen short. As I was getting in the shower this morning and found what I found I was awfully grateful for making my boys bathe the night before so they didn't have to sleep in their filth.
This is what I found....

This dirty little hand print on the wall, and real honest to goodness ring left in the bath tub. How do they get THAT dirty?

I'm constantly finding other little gems around the house too. For example, just today I was gladly scrubbing their toilet when I saw a brown colored, shiny wad of something behind the toilet on the floor touching the floorboard. After careful inspection of said wad, I realized it was a piece of caramel Christmas candy. I thought the candy to be long gone, but lo they must have a stash somewhere. This piece was particularly hard to get off because it had already been in one of their delightful little mouths and then politely spit on the floor directly behind the garbage can. Other gems I find aren't as sweet. Actually they are boogars. I can't decide if I would rather he eat them, or pick them and keep wiping them on his clothes and bed, wall, ceiling, floor, and who knows where else!

SO the support I'm looking for, is for you to share on your blogs, gross stories of your kids, if you don't have kids yet, tell me about your husbands,(We know how gross they can be. I'll spare Andrew since I'm outing my kids.) nieces, nephews, or even your dogs. Okay, no dogs, it has to be comparable to my kids. And even though my kids sound like animals they technically aren't. So spill it, tell me your dirt, your gross kid stories. I have more but I'm just venting right now!

5 comments:

Jana said...

now, i don't have any kids, or a husband (thank goodness for that). but i do in fact have roommates, and i feel that they are in fact quite comparable to your kids. I have witnessed rings in the bathtub, dishes sitting in the sink with MOLD on them (just sitting there for days because i refused to touch them) and hairballs the size of small animals. And my old roommate used to leave rice sitting on the counter in her rice cooker for weeks at a time. So, there ya go!

Mikki said...

Oh. My. Gosh!! My kids are SO disgusting. You'd think this would just be a boy thing, but my girls are the messiest!! You'd think they were raised by wolves or somethng. I'll do this post for you soon. I hope you don't want pictures too.

Jennifer Richins said...

I don't want to rat Rhett out on my blog, so I'll tell you a gross story in a comment. One morning I went in to use the restroom and stepped in something wet. I was all grossed out and realized that when Rhett got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom he missed the toilet a little. DISGUSTING!

Nicole said...

kim you are so funny. yeah, gotta say i've got some stories too. i've found boogers on my gleaming white stair railing. kylie's learned to spit, which is gross, she knows i hate it and she'll get in trouble if i see her. but i'll find her little "spit piles" on my desk in the study, on the counter... on my coffee table. makes me so mad!

and i'm a big one for baths every night, i hate them sleeping in their filth. kylie sweats alot on/in her head, so if she's running or playing alot she gets all hot and sweaty in her hair and then looks like a little rag muffin.

kacey is forever sticky, sticky hands, lips... her meals stay with her or on her clthes. i clean her all the time, but who knows. the other night we were having italian, and i made them strip down to almost nothing. it's not worth the stains i know they'll make with the red sauce!

so it's not just you, it's not just boys... my girls share in the filth!!!

Sims Mom said...

Gross kids stories huh, I have a TON!!!!! I will thing of the best one to post on my blog.