Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Skinkin' New Year!!!

Well Happy Stinkin' New Year to us! (G-Rated version Andrew's family puts another desriptive type word there but I'll leave it at Stinkin') Andrew is blaming it on Obama's promises of change, and says this is sign of what kind of change will actually come. Hahaha, just a joke of course. I just say we're just another victim in a string of crime around our community. Our Tahoe was stolen on Monday, January 19th. At night from in front of our house, when we were home, in between 10:00p.m. and midnight. We've figured that out from neighbors and friends. We actually had a friend who went to the grocery store(our local Smith's where the guy just shot two cops and then they shot and killed him) really late Monday night. She thought Andrew was in the Tahoe so she was going to pull up next to it to say hi. When she pulled up along side she said the window was down and there was a large African American man, smoking in the car. She said she thought that was crazy that someone has the exact same car as Andrew. THEY DON'T, HE TOOK OURS!!! Anyway We didn't know it was gone till Tuesday. So after a 51/2 hour wait for the police to come to file a report, we called insurance and what not. On Wednesday morning at 7:00a.m., I was still in bed and so were all my kids, I got a call from Metro. They found our car, and "you have about 30 minutes to get there and then we'll have it towed at your expense." Gee thanks for your promptness. So thank goodness Andrew was out of bed and already gone, he was just around the corner from where they found it. Jones and Charleston. So he went to meet the police and I went to meet him and bring him the keys(not that they worked). This is what we found.

That would be my 3rd seat under the back wheels:)Radio/TV goneThis TV gone too

Everything just rifled through like it was his
Who needs an ash tray? Why would I expect someone who stole my car to have any manners?
At least he left the Bumbo! He took the boys car seats and Steele's car seat base.The extra two bricks he brought to put under the back wheels, but decided to use the 3rd row seats instead.

Broken steering column. Andrew couldn't start it with the keys, good thing he's so handy and could start it right up with a standard screwdriver that the jerk so kindly left for us.On a happier and way cuter note. Steele will hold his bottle if he's super hungry and you fix his thumbs so he can hold it right. He did this on Monday before all the drama. Andrew took the picture and sent it to me, I was scrapbooking. I'm gone for a couple of days and the kid has to feed himself? Just kidding, but I did feel a little bad that I wasn't there for a 1st of something. Oh well, Andrew did good taking pictures of it so I can scrap it!

6 comments:

Sims Mom said...

That is insane! I had my purse stolen but that is nowhere near the impact of having your car stolen and pretty much gutted!

Missy said...

That is just ridiculous. I love that you had 30 min to pick it up. Hopefully you can get a new one quickly.

Nicole said...

oh my gosh. i don't know what's more appalling, the fact that the tahoe was stolen and a mess on the inside, or metro telling you you have 30 minutes or it will be towed AT YOUR EXPENSE. seriously, what the crap is that?! like you purposefully left your car across town.

The Foulgers said...

Holy cow. That is so freaking crazy! I hope that you can get it fixed or get a new car soon!

Jana said...

oh my gosh! that is so terrible!!!

Mikki said...

Holy crap!! That's so crazy, not to mention scary.
I'm glad your neighbor didn't talk to the guy, who knows what might have happened?

I stopped by Smiths Saturday night and saw all the cops, and the news crew, but I still didn't know what had happened until I just read your post. Crazy!!!