Friday, January 23, 2009

New Years and Ely

So New Years we spent at our own home as well. It was so fun. I hadn't really anticipated doing much, but when Andrew got home from work he said, "Lets go get stuff for our Japanese dinner." Andrew's Dad went to Japan on his mission and his family has always had a traditional Japanese, let me re-phrase that, HUGE Japanese dinner. So Andrew wanted to do it ourselves. It was fun, I didn't take a pic of anything, not even the yummy won tons. But it was all delish. The boys, well, Jesse and Jace, not baby Steele, stayed up all the way to midnight and we had some popper things and sparklers. It was freezing so we didn't light too many.


On New Years Day we got a few things done before packing up and heading up to below, yes, below zero temps. of Ely. We, well, here's the thing. Andrew has a sock fetish and sometimes I can't keep up with folding all the socks and it turns into a whole basket somehow. Weird I know, It was just easier to buy more socks than fold all the stupid ones in the giant basket. Anyway we ended having a family folding thing and Andrew thought it was funny that we could hide our huge 17 lb. baby in all of the socks. I thought it was sad that we are that lazy, but it was still pretty cute!Andrew and the boys wrestled. I didn't put in the ugly face pics. You know, when your trying really hard or something. They are pretty funny though.

Andrew was taking pics of a car to sell and the boys wanted to go outside with him. It was pretty cold so I told the boys to get dressed warm. Jesse-Thick sweatshirt, gloves, beanie Jace- Flip flops, really light sweatshirt, and a beach hat. He's such a funny kid!
We only got a couple of pics from sledding at Nana and Grampa's house before the incident. This hill goes right into their backyard. Sounds fun...right in between an iron swingset playground. Andrew took video of it. Jesse coming down the hill at full speed and then Andrew stepped aside to let Jesse by and he ran his face right into one of the poles. He cried a little but it was so cold his boogars froze in his nose, kinda like a natural icepack. It swelled and bruised later that weekend. But not too bad for how hard he hit.

I love this pic. My poor Mom, the boys are just pummeling her at point blank range. The boys got to open up a couple more cousin presents that we didn't get to open until we got to Ely. Guess what they were? (By the way those are not their normal clothes, I needed something to go under clothes for sleigh riding, that's why Jesse's pants are a little too tight, okay way too tight and total highwaters.)Thanks again to everyone for all 7, yes 7, of our new Nerf guns this Christmas. We just can't thank you enough!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are awesome pictures!!! The last one is my favorite! That needs to be on the SLIDE SHOW at his wedding reception!

Missy said...

Ha ha, I just love nerf guns. We have those stupid dart thingys all over the house. I don't know how many times I've tried to keep them in a bag.
Don't feel bad about the socks in the basket, I have one too.

SeƱora H-B said...

Wow. That is a lot of Nerf guns. A lot.