Sunday, June 8, 2008

May and my babies!

A couple of pictures taken for their Pirate themed Birthday party.
In May we had so much fun! On the 15th was the boys birthday. They turned 4. I know that with all the mile markers you start realizing how fast time really does fly. But, I really can't believe it's been 4 years. On the day of their birthday we always fill their rooms with balloons, so we did that and then they got to open up presents. Andrew got them each a big bag of Cheetos(totally not my idea). Then Andrew said they could eat and pretty much do whatever they wanted because it was their birthday. Soooo they had Cheetos for breakfast while they sat on the couch in their new car seats(again, not my idea- you know what their hands look like after eating Cheetos right!) Later we had some friends over to play on the new sprinkler they got.
Then that night they wanted to go to the Las Vegas Mini Grand Prix and ride the dragon roller coaster. It was fun we raced cars(I won), rode the little roller coaster, and boys even drove little cars by themselves. I was so funny to see them drive around in cars, alone. The whole day was fun.
Jace with some buddies, Adam and Savannah and little Jake.
Brothers Jace getting ready to drive.
Sorry, this is kind of a long clip.
The Boys Graduated
For those of you who didn't know, four other Moms and myself did a little co-op pre-school thing. It was every Tuesday and well, it's over. I'm pretty sure I won't do that again but the kids had fun. On May 14th we did a very informal grad ceremony (basically we put hats on them, gave them a certificate, and sat them on the couch for pictures). That was all we could get out of them because they wanted to swim.
The BIG Surprise!

Tio, (my brother Charley) and Aunt Sarah and new cousin Jacob, took the boys to the Shark Reef for their Birthday present. They had a lot of fun and still talk about some of the animals at "the surprise" not the Shark Reef.
The Pirate Party

We always have a huge birthday party for the boys. All of our family and close friends come. I'll probably do it until the boys don't want to anymore because I love to get everyone together. This was the first year the boys chose what kind of party they wanted. After some deliberation we settled on pirates. It was such a fun party. We had it on the 24th so more family could come, but it was hard explaining to the boys that their party wasn't for another week and a half after their birthday day. The weather held out( it was supposed to rain), the kids had a blast and well the cake broke in half. Here's the before of the cake. This is what it looked like before it actually broke in half.

AFTER

The pirate shi* cake just broke in half, but I handled it well. Andrew made the big pirate ships and the kids and their Dads had a cannon ball fight.

We also had a treasure hunt for the kids. My sister, Alex, drew a map and Andrew buried the treasure chest(a little deep, and really packed in.) Then they followed the map and dug up the treasure chest of loot bags(My Mom helped sew up the bags the night before).

Thanks everyone for coming it was so much fun!

8 comments:

The Foulgers said...

That looks like such a cute party. We did a pirate party for one of my kids a few years ago, but you had some really fun ideas! And your cake is absolutely adorable.

Nicole said...

What a fun day for the boys. I love the pirate ship cake that's awesome! You are such a good mom:)

Nicole said...

that cake is amazing! happy birthday boys!

(i'm so with you on that cheeto thing. i hate them, the orange stays on little fingers FORVER!)

anna banana said...

Kim you are amazing as usual. And I love the baby picture of them sleeping. :)

Jennifer Richins said...

How fun! You are so creative...I love it. The cake, the cannon ball fight, the treasure hunt and the loot bags...I want my next birthday to be pirate themed!

Kata said...

yau have the most amazing parties EVA!! I need your party planning expertise~!

jamieBEE said...

Cute pirates!!! cute BOYS!!!!

p.s. Book Club - My House - Tomorrow! Hope to see you there!

Beautifully Ordinary Mother said...

Okay, so I just wanted to come to your blog to check your countdown til baby thingy cause I knew it must be getting close. Close! Yeah, he's probably here alreadyand if not, any day now. I can't wait for a post to get the update! :)